We’ve kept the activity level the same so you have another week to practice adding in cross-training. Running and walking are great forms of cardiovascular exercise. The best part of a walk or run is that it can be done with little equipment and an many different times in the day. You can walk during your lunch break or go for a morning run. Cross-training is just as important as cardiovascular exercise for your health. Building muscle can protect our bones and joints, reducing pain and injury. You can also cross-train without buying expensive equipment. Grab dumbbells, canned goods, or a milk jug and try something new this week.
Here are more ways to cross-train on a budget:
- Find free exercise videos on YouTube
- Check out these household items to use as exercise equipment here
- Use a jump rope
- Run up and down your home stairs
- Find free community yoga or donation based yoga in your area
- Find a park with an outdoor training system