Spring Greens with Salmon and Apricot-Ginger Vinaigrette
Serves 4; 2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing per serving
This crunchy combination of spring greens, baby spinach, red cabbage, and snow peas is powered up with salmon and topped with a sweet apricot-ginger vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup all-fruit apricot spread
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (spring mix preferred), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed if frozen, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 7.1-ounce vacuum-sealed pouch pink salmon
In a food processor or blender, process the vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
Put the salad ingredients except the salmon on a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss gently. Crumble the salmon on top. Serve immediately for peak flavors and texture.
Nutrition Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 128
- Total Fat: 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
- Trans Fat: 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 11 g
1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Face the Fats campaign. Recipe copyright ©2009 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere, and at deliciousdecisions.org.