Welcome to the wrap-up week for Small Changes for Health 2019, “An Ounce of Prevention.” You’ve completed the program. Congratulations!
After 10 weeks, you are consistently walking or running for 40 minutes at least 3 days during the week and adding 1 day to cross-train each week. We encourage you to repeat the goal this week to keep momentum going. If you are ready to take it further, add a day!
You’ve worked hard to ramp up your activity level. Take time to celebrate your accomplishment! Look for rewards that support your active lifestyle. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Treat yourself to new workout wear, shoes, and accessories.
- Add music or audiobooks to your workout playlist.
- Extend your access to an indoor rock climbing wall, take swim lessons, or rent a kayak.
- Sign-up for a healthy cooking class.
- Bonus Healthy Habit Challenge: (OPTIONAL) Schedule at least TWO preventive visits, screenings, or immunizations and add it to your calendar. You don’t have to go during this week, just get it scheduled.
- Small Change: Walk or run for 40 minutes on 3 days + 1 cross-training activity on 1 day this week (OPTIONAL but we encourage maintaining)
- Bonus Power Up! Connect to Let’s Move! STL for year round tips to keep healthy habits going.